Prof. Fitz Quadwrangle is voiced by actor John de Lancie.
Inter-Dimensional Shift DeviceEdit
- Main article: Inter-Dimensional Shift Device
The IDS Device allows rifts between parallel dimensions to be widened and the operator of the device to pass through into those dimensions. It controls the main gameplay mechanic in Quantum Conundrum.
I.D.S Dimensional Manifold LensesEdit
Part of Project Shift, they are goggles that can visibly render parallel dimensions. They can be see worn by the Professor in paintings and promotional material for the game.
Besides the protagonist, there are others whose portraits can be found hanging in Quadwrangle Manor. When looking at one, the Professor will sometimes go into detail about who they are.
- Joan the Jett Pack, an invention of the Professor, a jet pack
- Freezey Ray Vaughan, a freeze ray
- Everyday I'm Shovelin, a digging machine
- Billy, the Professor's second cousin
- Fischer Michaelson, an early investor in Quadwrangle Industries
- Nanna Triwrangle, the Professor's grandmother
- Wilford Quadwrangle, the Professor's father
- Lord Widget Pompadore Flufington the Fourth, the Quadwrangle family cat
- Things, the Professors pet dog and subject of a science experiment
- Angstrom, a clone of a dog produced by DOLLI
- Happy Little Trees, the name Professor Quadwrangle gives to an earlier failed experiment of his
- Worthington Blunderbuss Quadwrangle, the Professor's great uncle
- Desmond, the manor's former butler
- Captain Fangly-Wangly, Nanna Triwrangle's pet fish
According to the Professor, he and Ike have traveled through time together. They have visited the 1970s, visited feudal Japan, and gone searching for a "lost city of gold." They have also hunted tigers, which is apparently only legal in the past, and visited the future, which is a good source of clothing to take to present-day science fiction conventions.
- Professor Quadwrangle was apparently quite the athlete in college, having been on both the track and field team and the basketball team.